Professor of Law
B.A., University of Georgia
J.D., Temple University
Ann E. Conaway is Professor of Law at Widener's Delaware campus. Professor Conaway received a B.A. from University of Georgia in 1976; and a J.D. from Temple in 1983, where she served as Senior Staff Member of the Temple Law Quarterly. Professor Conaway was an M.A. Candidate at Georgia in 1976-77.
Following graduation from law school, Professor Conaway clerked for the Honorable Henry R. Horsey, Delaware Supreme Court in Dover, Delaware from 1984-85, and was an Associate Attorney at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Wilmington, Delaware from 1984-85.
Professor Conaway joined the faculty at Delaware Law School as Assistant Professor of Law and served in that capacity from 1985-89; she was Associate Professor of Law from 1989-96, and was promoted to Professor of Law in 1996. She has been on leave from the law school since 2012.
Professor Conaway is admitted to practice in Delaware and has served as a Delaware Commissioner to the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws since 1989. Professor Conaway teaches and writes in the areas of Business Organizations, Contracts, Securities Regulation, and Advanced Business Enterprises.
Professor Conaway has been active in a number of professional and civic organizations, including The National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws as one of five Commissioners from Delaware. Professor Conaway's term as a Commissioner from the State of Delaware ended in August 2002; Professor Conaway was appointed a Commissioner from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in September 2002.
Professor Conaway is also a member of drafting committee for The Limited Liability Partnership Act, the Uniform Limited Partnership Act and Article 8 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Omnibus Business Organizations Code. Professor Conaway is also the Reporter to the Uniform Cooperative Act.
Professor Conaway is presently serving as the Reporter for the Uniform Entity Transactions Act and as a member of the Joint Editorial Board for the Uniform Unincorporated Business Organizations Acts. Professor Conaway is also serving as an ABA Business Law Advisor to the drafting committee for the Uniform Limited Liability Company Act. Professor Conaway also serves as a member of the American Law Institute. Selected Recent Publications Books
- Ann E. Conaway, with Robert R. Keatinge, Keatinge and Conaway on Choice of Business Entity (West Group 2007).
- Ann E. Conaway Anker, National Conference Reporter, The Model Entity Transactions Act, The University of Pennsylvania School of Law Archives (2004).
- The Agile Virtual Corporation, 22 Del. J. Corp. L. 497 (1997).
- Reexamining the Fiduciary Paradigm at Corporate Insolvency and Dissolution: Defining Directors' Duties to Creditors, 20 Del. J. Corp. L. 1 (1995).
- "De-Leveraging" the Leveraged Buyouts of the 1980s: A Prisoner's Dilemma for Unsecured Corporate Bondholders in the 1990s, 68 Denv. U. L. Rev. 331 (1991).
- Transferee and Assignee Rights: Charging Orders and Other Creditor Remedies in Uniform Unincorporated Acts, American Law Institute B American Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Choice of Form and Structure for Closely-Held Businesses and Ventures, Live Nationwide via Satellite on the American Law Network, Feb. 6, 2003, VMD0206 ALI-ABA 63.