Business Phone: 609.267.1101
E-mail: DUI@sitzlerlaw.comBackground Information
- Undergraduate School: Rider College, 1972
- Law School: Vermont Law School, 1976
- Courses: Alcohol, Vehicle & the Law
- Admitted to practice law in: New Jersey
- Business Address: 1487 Route 38 West Hainesport, New Jersey 08036
- Course: Alcohol, Vehicle and the Law
- Admitted to practice law: 1976
- Additional link: www.sitzlerlaw.com
While at Rider College in 1972-1973, John was hired by the Office of Public Defender in Trenton as a part time assistant investigator. On graduating from Vermont law School, he was accepted as the Law Clerk to the Honorable Herman Belopolsky, J.C.S., Honorable Harold B. Wells, III, A.J.S.C. and Honorable W. Thomas McGann, J.C.S.
On passing the Bar in New Jersey in 1976, he joined the firm of Mathews and Sitzler, as an associate and was made partner the following year.
In 1979, John became Solicitor for the Wrightstown Borough Planning Board as well as Municipal Prosecutor for Pemberton Township. Over the next few years John became a Solicitor for the Delran Township Planning Board as well as Municipal Prosecutor for many municipalities including Hainesport, Cinnaminson, New Hanover, and Springfield.
In 1990, he and his father, John O. Sitzler, Jr. formed the partnership of Sitzler and Sitzler and in 1995 became the Sole Proprietor of Sitzler and Sitzler when his father became of counsel to the firm.
In 2000, John began teaching as an adjunct Professor of Law, at Widener University School of Law on the Wilmington Delaware Campus and teaches Alcohol, Vehicle, and the Law.
In August of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and again in 2011, John was nominated in the SJ Magazine, by his peers, to be the top attorney to work with on DWI defenses cases. South Jersey Magazine noted that John S. Sitzler was voted Top DUI attorney by the public for 2010 and 2011.
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- Rider College
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Political ScienceClasses/Seminars
Honors and Awards
- Lecture speaker for continuing legal education classes
Professional Associations and Memberships
- SJ Magazine, 2007-2011, John was voted top DUI attorney by his peers
- South Jersey Magazine, 2010 & 2011, John was voted top DUI attorney by the public
Past Employment Positions
- Burlington County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National College of DUI Defense
- Sitzler and Sitztler, Sole Proprietor, 1995 - Present
- Sitzler and Sitzler, Co-Founder and Partner, 1990 - 1995
- Weishoff and Sitzler, Partner, 1987 - 1990
- Mathews, Sitzler, Weishoff and Sitzler, Partner, 1983 - 1987
- Mathews and Sitzler, Partner, 1977 - 1983
- Mathews and Sitzler, Associate, 1976 - 1977
- Hon. W. Thomas McGann, J.S.C., Hon. Herman Belopolsky, J.S.C., Hon. Harold B. Wells, III, A.J.S.C., Law Clerk, 1976 - 1977
- New Jersey Office of the Public Defender in Trenton, Investigator (Part time), 1970 - 1973
- Pemberton Township, Municipal Prosecutor, 1979 - 1983
- Hainesport Township, Municipal Prosecutor, 1980 - 1983
- Cinnaminson Township, Municipal Prosecutor, 1983 - 1985
- New Hanover Township, Municipal Prosecutor, 1996 - 1999
- Springfield Township, Municipal Prosecutor, 1997 - 1999
- Wrightstown Borough Planning Board, Solicitor, 1979 -1985