Pre-LL.M. Program Course Descriptions
Prepare for an LL.M. by attending Widener Law. The curriculum is available for foreign students and American residents who receive their legal training abroad.
- The Pre-LL.M. Program enhances legal English and law school skills
- Allows completion of the 24-credit Pre-LL.M. Program over two semesters through assessment-based learning.
- Students may begin the Pre-LL.M. in May or August.
- Upon successful completion students are transitioned into one of Widener Law’s LL.M. Programs.
- Students may be accepted into the Pre-LL.M. Program with a TOEFL of 46-59.
- Successful completion of the Pre-LL.M Program will allow students to be accepted into the LL.M. program.
- Students must obtain an overall cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5 in the Pre-LL.M Program for integration into the LL.M. Program.
- All courses in the Pre-LL.M Program will have assessment-based learning integrated throughout the coursework.
- Students will collaborate with faculty in an enriched environment for a successful transition into one of Widener Law’s LL.M. Programs.
Course RequirementsFIRST SEMESTER
- The 24-credit hour Pre-LLM program costs are $l,354 per credit hour.
- LBR 420 Introduction to American Law & Government (3 credits)
- LBR 430 Legal English & Writing (3 credits)
- LBR 410 Legal Culture & Communications (3 credits)
- LBR 411 Legal Research (3 credits)
- LBR 510 Legal Research II (3 credits)
- LBR 211 Persuasive Legal Writing (3 credits)
- LBR 520 Business Law & the Legal Environment (3 credits)
- LBR 530 Introduction to U.S. Constitutional Law (3 credits)