The Business Advising Certificate offers JD students the opportunity to develop a foundational understanding of the many areas of law (including business organization and structure, taxation, business transactions, financing, and employment management) that affect small and midsize business owners.
Applicants must complete and submit an application to the Registrar’s Office.
Requirements for Certification:
Students must submit an application to the Registrar’s Office by no later than the drop/add period of their final semester. To be awarded a Business Advising Certificate, a student must have an overall cumulative average of 2.7 and a 2.7 cumulative average in all concentration courses.
(1) Business Organizations
(2) Taxation of Business Entities
(3) Contract Drafting or Business Planning
(4) Secured Transactions, Bankruptcy, or Real Estate Transactions
(5) Copyright and Trademark, Employment Law (or Employment Discrimination), or Insurance Law
(6) One additional elective from categories (4) or (5) above
The Business Advising Certificate Director may approve other courses for any of these requirements.
Director (Harrisburg campus): Professor Michael J. Hussey