The Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competition is named in honor of Ruby R. Vale. Mr. Vale was an excellent lawyer and was highly regarded by judges and members of the Pennsylvania Bar. He is perhaps best remembered for his multi-volume work titled, Vale's Pennsylvania Digest. Upon his death, the Ruby R. Vale Foundation was formed, which provides financial support for the Ruby R. Vale Distinguished Scholar Program.
The Corporate Competition is an interscholastic appellate moot court competition sponsored by the Moot Court Honor Society of the Widener University School of Law, Delaware Campus. The competition focuses on the area of corporate law. Each round of the competition is judged by attorneys and judges from the bench and bar of Delaware and nearby Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Each year, a distinguished scholar in the field of corporate law joins the competition's final bench.
The problem to be argued will contain at least two corporate issues of current legal relevance.
Each school may enter one team and may place a second team on wait list. The second team will remain on the wait list until October 31, 2014. At that time, if space is available, the second team will be admitted. A team may consist of two or three members.
Registration deadline is October 24, 2014
or the first 24 teams to register.Problem Distribution
January 14, 2015Briefs Due
February 6, 2015Oral Arguments
March 12-15, 20152015 Registration Form 2015 Brochure and Registration Form
(pdf)2015 Competition Rules
2015 Competition Rules (pdf) - to be posted2015 Competition Materials
2015 Competition Problem (pdf) - to be posted2014 Competition Briefs
: All 2014 briefs are available on this page
.2015 Competition ScheduleThursday, March 12, 2015
Friday, March 13, 2015
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.: Competitor Check-in at Main Law Building Entrance
- 5:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.: Competitors’ Meeting in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: First Preliminary Rounds in Main Law Building and Polishook Hall
Saturday, March 14, 2015
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Second Preliminary Rounds in Main Law Building and Polishook Hall
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Lunch at Crown Court
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Third Preliminary Rounds in Main Law Building and Polishook Hall
- 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Distinguished Scholar Lecture in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom
- 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: Competitors’ Banquet at Harry's Savoy Grill
Sunday, March 15, 2015
- 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Quarter-Final Rounds in the Main Law Building
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Semi-Final Rounds Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Final Round in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Awards Presentation in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom
2015 Hotel Information
For competitors’ convenience, a block of rooms have been reserved for March 11 – 15, 2015 at the Doubletree Hotel Wilmington, which is located within walking distance of the Widener University School of Law campus. The special room rate will be available until February 10th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. The DoubleTree will provide shuttle service to the Competition Banquet at Harry's Savoy Grill on Friday, March 13, 2015. Simply click on the following link to start your reservation: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/I/ILGCPDT-WID-20150311/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG.
- Winner - Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Jenna Grassbaugh, Ryan Harmanis, and Hunter West
- Finalist - Georgetown University Law Center
Zachary Hutchinson and Daniel Woodard
- Best Corporate Brief - Seton Hall School of Law
Mark Snyder and Alex Yarborough
- Best Oral Advocate - Seton Hall School of Law
Contact Information Jenna Messa, Competition Chairman
Gary Junge, Moot Court President
The Moot Court offices are located in Polishook Hall (Campus map)