You can now use the Online Event Registration Form
to get started on the event approval process instead of the paper version!
Download the complete SBA Event Approval Checklist
Students planning a student organization event must follow the following steps and complete an Event Approval Checklist
1. Clear date on Master Calendar with Connie Sweeney (4th Floor). Please have her initial this entry.
2. If you would like to have an outside speaker, clear with Connie Sweeney in the Dean’s Office (4th Floor) before
the invitation is issued. Please have her initial this entry. If the outside speaker is a Widener alum, contact Nancy Ravert Ward in Alumni Relations after
Connie Sweeney has cleared the event.
3. Please bring the following items (as applicable to the event) to the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) for approval:
- Room Reservation Form (Registrar’s Office)
- To reserve a room(s) in either the Main Law Building or Polishook, see Pattie Donoghue (Registrar’s Office) before bringing to OSA.
- To reserve either Main Street or the Barristers’ Club, see Connie Sweeney (4th Floor) before bringing to OSA.
- Food Service Request (Jen Biscoe/Aramark)
- Request must be completed and signed by Jen before bringing to OSA. Also, check with Jen regarding bake sales, outside food, etc.
4. If you wish to publicize the event on the Electronic Bulletin Board (EBB)
, please complete the form and give to Debra Berry in OSA at least seven (7) days prior to the event.
5. If you wish to post signs for the event, please bring the sign(s) to Debra Berry in the Office of Student Affairs to be approved. Signs can only be posted on “general information” bulletin boards.
6. If you wish to publicize the event in the Digest
, please submit copy to Christy Farley (4th Floor) by noon on Tuesday.
7. If there will be advertising outside the law school (newspapers, etc.), you must have the approval of Mary Allen (x2175).
8. Bring a completed copy of the Event Approval checklist to Debra Berry in the Office of Student Affairs.