: Christy D'Antonio Phone
: 302-477-2187 Email
: Brent Johnson Phone
: 717-541-3984 Email
: email@example.comTeam Mission
The Access and Reference Services Team (ARS) is responsible for implementing policies to provide effective reference assistance and access to library materials to patrons of the LIC. Team Charges
The charges of the ARS team include: archives, circulation, reserves, ILL/document delivery, reference, research guides, government documents, and maintenance of the library.How do I . . .?
Student and Faculty Questions
Visitor and Alumni Questions
- What databases are available?
- A list of the library’s databases can be found here. You will be prompted to enter your name and Widener ID number the first time you access a database through the library’s webpage from off campus.
- How do I get copies of old exams?
- In Delaware all the exams are available online. In Harrisburg you must ask at the Information Desk.
- How do I renew a book or DVD?
- As long as the item is not overdue or on hold, you may renew in person, by phone (Delaware at 302-477-2244; Harrisburg at 717-541-3933) or by clicking on "my account" at the top of the library catalog.
- How much will I be fined if a book, study aid, or DVD is late?
- Circulation policies and fines can be found here.
- How do I begin to research a topic?
- Are study rooms available?
- In Delaware there are eight (8) study rooms available on a first-come-first-serve basis, plus one that can be reserved for four hour periods. There are five (5) study rooms available in Harrisburg.
- Who do I contact if I’m having a problem with access to Westlaw or Lexis?
- Who can use the library?
- The library is open to the public for research and the use of government information sources. Please note, we cannot provide legal advice.
- Can alumni and visitors use the library’s databases?
- You can access most of the library’s databases when you are on campus. Please speak with a Reference Librarian for details.
- Can I access LexisNexis and Westlaw?
- You must have your own account to use Lexis and Westlaw. The Law School provides accounts only for law faculty and students.
- Can I get a library or visitor’s card?
- How do I make copies?
- Copy cards are available for purchase for $5.00. Coin operated copiers are also available. Cash only.
- Does the library provide document delivery?
- The library will provide copies to attorneys at a copy fee of $5.00 per citation (waived for Widener Law alumni) plus $1.00 per page if faxed or $.50 per page via US mail. Contact the Interlibrary Loan department for more information.
- What if I don't see my question here?