Widener University - Campus Safety Department Announcement
Widener is implementing a notification system that enables the university to send urgent news - including information on emergencies and/or class cancellations - directly to your cell phone or e-mail account. All you have to do is complete the free, online sign-up.
The service is available to all current Widener University students, faculty and staff on the Chester, Exton, Harrisburg and Wilmington campuses. There is no charge from the university to use the service. However, depending on your personal cell phone plan, there may be a nominal fee from your carrier to receive text messages.
Powered by e2Campus, the notification system will be used to communicate important information during any potential emergency, such as a snow delay or closing, homeland security advisory, weather warning, gas leak, fire, crime watch, power failure or other significant event.
To register for the service, complete the ONLINE SIGN UP according to the instructions below. To sign up for e2Campus alerts:
1. Fill in the required data
- Use your user name from your Campus Cruiser account
- Enter your First and Last names
- Enter/create and verify your password
- Select the group or groups that you belong to: Chester, Exton, Harrisburg, or Wilmington Campus based on your status
- Enter your cell phone number (no spaces or dashes) and your phone company name
- Click "Create Account"
2. You will receive a text message with a four digit validation code. Enter this code in the field provided and click "Validate".
3. To add additional contact information to your account, follow the directions below. To add an additional cell phone number and/or e-mail address(es):
You are able to add a second phone number and/or enter up to two e-mail addresses in e2campus. Note you will need to log in to add each additional contact and select the "Services" tab each time.
1. Log in to e2campus using the user name and password you created earlier and click on the "Services" tab.
2. To add a phone number, enter the phone number and select a mobile carrier, then click "Add". A 4-digit validation code will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter this code on the next page and click "Validate" to validate your addition.
3. To add an email address, enter the email address and click "Add".
- You will receive an e-mail shortly. Open the e-mail and click on the link listed in the body. This verifies that your address was entered properly and that you received the e-mail.
- If you desire to add a second e-mail address, repeat the above steps.
Congratulations! You are now registered to receive Campus Safety Alerts and other important alerts.