Widener Law and DuPont Legal will join together again in co-sponsoring a fall daylong conference that focuses on developments in intellectual property law.
The conference will be held Tuesday, October 1 at the DuPont Country Club in Wilmington and will feature speakers who are among the nation’s premier authorities on various intellectual property law topics. The event attracted more than 200 attendees in 2012 and this year’s program will feature discussions on 2013 Supreme Court decisions, the interface between intellectual property and antitrust laws, intellectual property strategies in emerging markets such as India, China and Brazil, and more.
This year’s featured speakers include:
- Noted “Patent Docs” blog co-founding author Kevin Noonan, a biotechnology patent lawyer with McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP in Chicago.
- IP ethics expert Professor David Hricik of Mercer University School of Law in Georgia.
- Recognized intellectual property attorney Gale R. “Pete” Peterson of Cox Smith Attorneys, in San Antonio, Texas.
- Noted antitrust expert Jim Denvir of Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, in Washington, D.C.
- Respected trademark attorney Dick Downing of Crowell & Moring LLP in New York City.
Attorneys from Pennsylvania and Delaware who attend the conference will be eligible for seven continuing legal education credits, including one ethics credit. Other states will be announced. Cost for the event is $600 and includes course materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks. To register, or to see a conference brochure, visit law.widener.edu/dupont2013
Law students Andrew Castano, president of the Intellectual Property Society
and Brian King, vice president of the society, will attend as student representatives of the law school.
Continental breakfast and registration check-in will begin at 7 a.m. and Widener Law Dean Linda L. Ammons
will begin the program at 8 a.m. The seminar runs through 5 p.m. and will be followed by a DuPont executive legal leadership reception attended by several officials including Michael Walker
, DuPont Vice President and Chief Intellectual Property Counsel. Walker also is a member of the Widener Law Board of Overseers.Standard Disclaimer for External Links