Widener Law faculty and staff offer a fond welcome to both returning students and new students on the first day of classes of the 2013 fall semester. Please remember that both faculty and staff are eager to see you succeed in your legal studies and happy to assist as you pursue your goals!Available Resources
There are a number of dedicated offices and individuals available to aid students with everything from enrollment or registration to financial aid:
Beyond the Classroom
- Office of Student Affairs: Delaware | Harrisburg: The Office of Student Affairs can assist with academic advising, special accommodations, student event planning, and a number of other general student needs.
- Financial Aid Office: The Financial Aid Office is available to assist students with information about student loans, scholarships, or other forms of financial aid.
- Registrar’s Office: Delaware | Harrisburg: The Registrar’s Office is responsible for class scheduling and enrollment.
- Law Library: Law Library resources are available to students to assist with research and study needs.
- Career Development Office: The Career Development Office is available to assist students with career planning advice.
Look forward to an exciting semester and embrace the opportunity to expand your experiences beyond the classroom. In addition to Widener Law’s institutes
, there are a host of student-run honor societies and organizations
. Take the opportunity to get involved and start building your professional network by getting to know faculty, staff, and your fellow students.
Events for the fall include a symposium on Marcellus Shale Development and Pennsylvania that will examine the implications for sustainable energy scheduled for September 27th on the Harrisburg campus and the annual Delaware Tax Institute on November 15th. The Taishoff Advocacy, Technology and Public Service Institute will host its 1st Annual Trial Skills CLE on October 18th in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom on the Delaware campus. These are just some of the exciting events that will take place this fall!
On behalf of the Widener Law faculty and staff, have a great semester!