The First State Celebrates Constitution Day 2006
In this essay collection Delaware leaders reflect upon the meaning of the Constitution and their personal roles
in helping to ensure that our democracy continues to flourish.
"A republic, if you can keep it."
- Attributed to Ben Franklin
Public Officials - Federal Government
Public Officials - State Government
- Rev. Jack Abel of Epworth Methodist Church
- Rev. Canon Lloyd S. Casson of the Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew and Matthew
- Geoffrey Gamble, President Delaware State Bar Association
- Alan E. Garfield, Professor of Law and H. Albert Young Fellow in Constitutional Law
- Rabbi Peter Grumbacher, Congregation Beth Emeth
- Zaida Guajardo, Executive Director, La Esperanza
- Chad Holliday, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, E. I. duPont de Nemours & Co., Inc.
- Dr. Mazhar Rishi, Council on American Islamic Relations
- Rev. Michael A. Saltarelli, Bishop of Wilmington
- Leland Ware, Louis L. Redding Chair for the Study of Law and Public Policy, University of Delaware