Business Phone: 215-947-8715
232 Coachlight Terrace
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006 Background Information
- Undergraduate School: Temple University, 1959
- Law School: Rutgers - Camden, 1987
- Graduate School: Temple Medical School, M.D. 1963; Arcadia University, M.A. 1993; Arcadia University, M.A. Ed. 1996; Widener University School of Law, LL.M. (Health Law) 2001; Widener University School of Law, S.J.D.(Health Law) 2011.
- Courses: Children's Health Law, Health Law I, Bioethics and the Law
- Admitted to practice law in: District of Columbia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Dr. Andrew Newman, is also assistant Professor of Humanities at Drexel College of Medicine and will be teaching an Elective course in Health Law for the medical students, Spring Semester 2011. Professor Andy Fichter will be participating as a guest lecturer. In the past, this offering has been one of the most popular offerings in the Medical Humanities Section.
Additionally, Dr. Newman received his LLM in Health Law from Widener Law in 2001 and his SJD from Widener Law in May of 2011. The topic of SJD dissertation concerned Evolving Legal, Medical and Bioethical Issues regarding Blood Transfusions and Jehovah's Witnesses in the 21st Century. In addition to his JD, MD, LLM, and SJD, Dr Newman holds 2 masters degrees from Arcadia University, in Humanities and in Education (History). He also has a Fellowship in Medical Ethics and Professionalism from the Medical College of Wisconsin and the American Medical Association . He holds a life time certification in Orthopedic Surgery from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and serves as an Orthopedic Surgical consultant for the Widener Veterans clinic. Two summers ago, he participated in a film, directed by Professor Reed, for students taking Evidence at Widener.