Institute of Delaware Corporate and Business Law to offer new degrees
Public Relations - Published: April 18, 2009
Widener University School of Law today announced it will begin offering three new degrees through its prominent Institute of Delaware Corporate and Business Law on the Delaware campus.

The school is currently enrolling for the new degrees, which are designed to benefit management-level professionals who deal with regulatory issues often confronting corporations and other business organizations. Although the coursework is offered through the School of Law, not all the degrees require students to already hold a J.D., or law degree, to enroll.

The degrees include:

Master of jurisprudence. This program is designed to equip students holding a bachelor’s or equivalent degree for work in corporate and business environments requiring regulatory and compliance, risk management, contract drafting, negotiating and related skills.

Doctor of juridicial science. This doctoral program is designed for attorneys who have an interest in corporate and business law and policy who seek to produce substantial work of publishable quality. Either a law degree or master of laws degree is a pre-requisite.

Doctor of laws. This program is designed for professionals who hold a master’s degree and want to enhance their expertise through a substantial scholarly research and writing project under personal supervision of Widener Law faculty. It will involve research and writing on corporate- and business-law topics.

The programs are all approved by the American Bar Association and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
“We are pleased to offer these new degrees to the community, particularly at a time when many are re-examining their career goals and potential,” Law Dean Linda L. Ammons said. “This endeavor solidifies Widener’s standing as a comprehensive resource center for legal and policy education and research.”

For more information, click on “academics” on the homepage or contact Karla Harris at 302.477.2704 or